BECP Stakeholder Meeting
The U.S. Department of Energy will hold a public meeting to present and receive comments on overall program direction and in anticipation of its future residential code development activities.
- Date & Time: Thursday, April 24, 2014 (8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- Location: Monroe Room, DoubleTree Hotel – Crystal City, 300 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, Virginia
Those wishing to attend the meeting remotely may participate in both sessions via GoToWebinar. Advance registration is required for each session, and can be completed using the following links:
- Registration Link for the General Program Input Webinar
- Registration Link for the Residential Code Development Webinar
NOTICE: Registration for the meeting in-person has reached capacity. Interested stakeholders wishing to attend are encouraged to participate via GoToWebinar using the registration links above. If you have any questions, please contact BuildingEnergyCodes@ee.doe.gov.
Comments from the public will be accepted at the meeting. Additionally, following the meeting, a docket will be made available to accept public comment on topics discussed at the meeting. Official comments following the meeting must be submitted by May 30, 2014. Interested parties may submit comments by following the instructions outlined in the official meeting Notice published in the Federal Register.
DOE will present an overview of current program activities and organization in support of its mission to achieve energy savings through building energy codes. In addition, DOE seeks stakeholder input in anticipation of future residential code development activities.
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Morning Session: General Program Input
- Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Statutory Basis for DOE Activities
- Overview of Current Program Activities
- Discussion of Key Topics
- REScheck & COMcheck Compliance Software Policy
- Compliance Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA)
- Federal Advisory Committee (FACA)
- Building Energy Codes Summit
- Participant Feedback
- Closing Remarks
1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Afternoon Session: Residential Code Development
- Energy Code Formats and Compliance Paths
- DOE Role in Residential Code Development
- Energy Efficiency in the 2018 IECC
DOE will solicit discussion and feedback surrounding information presented. A public docket is also available and will contain a summary of the meeting along with all associated public comments. The Regulations.gov website contains instructions on how to access all documents in the docket, including public comments received.
- BECP Stakeholder Meeting Presentation Slides
- BECP Activities Draft for Stakeholders
- Stakeholder Meeting Detailed Agenda
Additional information and materials will be added as they are made available.