Funding Opportunity – DOE Building Energy Codes Program Strategies to Increase Residential Building Energy Code Compliance Rates and Measure Results
The Department of Energy's Building Technologies Office has announced the availability of up to $6 million under the Building Energy Codes Program Technologies Strategies to Increase Residential Building Energy Code Compliance Rates and Measure Results Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) DE-FOA-0000953.
DOE seeks to fund organizations representing either state or private entities to:
- Measure current single-family residential energy code compliance rate using a methodology that provides statewide results with 90% reliability.
- Implement an education, training, and outreach program designed to increase single-family residential building energy code compliance.
- Measure the post-program single-family residential building energy code compliance rate using the same methodology employed in the pre-program study.
The project goal is to investigate whether investing in education, training, and outreach programs can produce a measurable significant change in single-family residential building code compliance rates. If this could be shown, non-government entities, particularly utilities, could be influenced to make substantial investments in similar programs.
- FOA Issue Date: 4/21/2014
- Submission Deadline for Full Applications: 5/21/2014, 5:00pm EDT
- Submission Deadline for Replies to Reviewer Comments: 6/23/2014, 5:00pm EDT
- Expected Date for EERE Selection Notifications: 7/30/2014
- Expected Timeframe for Award Negotiations: 9/30/2014