This guide provides key information to policy makers on energy codes and standards and offers guidance on how policy makers can support the creation of statewide energy efficiency goals and standards. In addition, this guide instructs policy makers on how they can:
- Encourage the adoption of statewide codes.
- Establish energy code awareness programs.
- Support enforcement of and compliance with energy codes.
- Participate in the development of model codes and standards.
- Determine the viability of the new code.