Although RVI was employed in jurisdictions throughout the country during the COVID-19 pandemic, several jurisdictions have expanded and continue to support RVI programs. A simple search of remote inspections programs provides many current examples, a few are provided below to demonstrate the various approaches to RVI implementation.
- North Las Vegas, NV: Use of RVI to provide an alternative option for eligible inspections which include select residential, single-family home subdivision, commercial, and fire inspections.
- Phoenix, AZ: RVI is allowed for select residential inspections, including certain electrical and plumbing inspections.
- Pensacola, FL: RVI is allowed for select building, plumbing/gas, mechanical, and electrical inspections.
- Lawrence, KS: RVI is allowed for select electrical, renovation, foundation, and partial framing inspections. RVI is encouraged for all equipment replacement and electrical service upgrade work. Photographs are not accepted in place of an RVI.
- Oakland, CA: Oakland does not provide a list of acceptable inspection types for RVI and actually requires all inspections be conducted remotely during poor air quality days (i.e., Air Quality Index exceeds 201).