REScheck-Web™ is accessible directly from the website without having to download and install.
REScheck™ Desktop for Windows® may be downloaded and installed directly to your desktop.
- See if your state or county can use REScheck to show compliance.
- View a list of supported software versions for code compliance tools.
Residential Compliance Using REScheck™
The REScheck product group makes it fast and easy for builders, designers, and contractors to determine whether new homes, additions, and alterations meet the requirements of the IECC or a number of state energy codes. REScheck also simplifies compliance determinations for building officials, plan checkers, and inspectors by allowing them to quickly determine if a low-rise residence meets the code.
REScheck is appropriate for insulation and window trade-off calculations in residential detached one- and two-family buildings and multi-family buildings three stories or less in height above grade, such as apartments, condominiums, and townhouses. REScheck works by performing a simple U-factor x Area (UA) calculation for each building assembly to determine the overall UA of a building. The UA that would result from a building conforming to the code requirements is compared against the UA for your building. If the total heat loss (represented as a UA) through the envelope of your building does not exceed the total heat loss from the same building conforming to the code, the software generates a report that declares your building is compliant with the code.
Have a compliance question or need assistance with the software?
BECP's team of building energy codes experts is available to answer specific questions submitted through our web-based help desk.
Updates to REScheck and COMcheck Building Energy Code Compliance Software
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) is directed to provide technical assistance to states to support the implementation of model residential and commercial building energy codes (42 USC 6833). As part of this assistance, the DOE Building Energy Codes Program provides ongoing support for REScheck and COMcheck compliance software, which are updated based on new editions of the model codes. DOE has published guidance surrounding its support for the software, including technical assistance requests for modified versions.
Version 184.108.40.206 addresses the following:
- 2011 Vermont RBES has been discontinued from support; 2020 Vermont is supported although only in REScheckWeb.
- Minor updates were made to 2017 Florida climate zone 1 fenestration U-factor requirement
REScheck Desktop 4.7.1 Supported Codes:
- 2009, 2012, and 2015 IECC (2018 IECC is only supported in REScheck-Web)
- State energy codes: Florida, Massachusetts, New York City, Puerto Rico, Utah, Vermont (2020 Massachusetts and 2020 Vermont are only supported in REScheck-Web)